#207 100 char limit on change summaries blocks going forward even when field is corrected

Open
opened 1 week ago by libBletchley · 2 comments

I recently used the website built-in editor to change a file directly. My summary was:

“Added Sucuri.net as a decent CloudFlare alternative & added Impurva Incapsula as a not-so-good CF alternative.”

That’s ~110 chars. I got the error “Commit summary must contain at most 100 characters.” So I shortened the summary, but the “commit” button remained insensitive so there’s no way to submit. When I did a control-r, the original summary is restored, so the error repeats. The only way out of this cycle is to abandon the change and start over.

I recently used the website built-in editor to change a file directly. My summary was: "Added Sucuri.net as a decent CloudFlare alternative & added Impurva Incapsula as a not-so-good CF alternative." That's ~110 chars. I got the error "Commit summary must contain at most 100 characters." So I shortened the summary, but the "commit" button remained insensitive so there's no way to submit. When I did a control-r, the original summary is restored, so the error repeats. The only way out of this cycle is to abandon the change and start over.
ashimokawa added the
bug
label 1 week ago
ashimokawa added the
gitea-related issue
label 1 week ago
ashimokawa commented 1 week ago
Owner

@libBletchley

Confirmed, as a hack I removed the disabled attribute in the firefox inspector to commit. But of course that has to be fixed.

@libBletchley Confirmed, as a hack I removed the disabled attribute in the firefox inspector to commit. But of course that has to be fixed.
ashimokawa commented 1 week ago
Owner
Reported upstream https://github.com/go-gitea/gitea/issues/12072
Sign in to join this conversation.
No Milestone
No Assignees
2 Participants
Notifications
Due Date

No due date set.

Dependencies

This issue currently doesn't have any dependencies.

Loading…
There is no content yet.