||13 minutes ago|
|Gameconfigs||24 hours ago|
|Media||1 month ago|
|Homura||13 minutes ago|
|LICENSE||4 months ago|
|README.md||5 days ago|
Back when i started using FreeBSD, there was no useful utility to setup games or launcher in wine, so i created one myself.
Homura was developed from pure fun, so please do not take it too seriously.
Homura was created with some inspiration from lutris, but is not meant to be a substitute.
Homura is a launcher that makes it easy to run Windows games/launcher easily on FreeBSD by providing/applying the requiered fixes and workarounds.
- The Windows emulation is provided by Wine.
- The launcher menus are provided by Zenity
- The most fixes that gets applied are provided by Winetricks
Special thanks go to the above mentioned projects :)
Run dependencies 💉
- A x86 CPU with 1,4 GHz or better
- A GPU with OpenGL 3.0 & 128MB VRAM or better
- x11-fonts/noto-extra (Optional)
- x11/antimicro (Optional)
- emulators/i386-wine-devel on amd64 or emulators/wine-devel on i386
- ftp/curl Curl is optional, if curl is not installed, fetch from the base system will be used.
Installing from FreeBSD repository 📦
Note: Packages can lag behind ports. If you want the latest version you may want to use the
latest repository instead of
quarterly or build the package yourself.
# pkg install games/homura
Build & installing the port from FreeBSD ports collection ⚙️
cd /usr/ports/games/homura/ && make install clean
Installing from source ⚙️
Please only do this, if you know what are you doing.
cd /usr/local/bin fetch https://codeberg.org/Alexander88207/Homura/raw/branch/main/Homura chmod +x Homura
# pkg uninstall games/homura
To also delete the related games etc...
Use the "Delete and reset everything" function.
Homura was created for the gui usage in the first place, the gui can be opened via the commandline
Homura but also via a shortcut (if you have Homura allowed to create one).
For terminal fans there are also some fast commands:
- To install something use
Homura Install Steam
- To launch something use
Homura Launch Steam
- To uninstall something use
Homura Uninstall Steam
Feature / Extra / To-Do list
|Installation launching & uninstallation of our collection of applications (Main features)||✔️|
|Delete & reset everything||✔️|
|Changing between wine versions||⌛|
- Only 32-Bit Games and Applications working currently because of current situation how wine gets shipped from ports.
You need fast help, want to help or just want to talk? ／人◕ ‿‿ ◕人＼
- Alexander88207 - Lead programmer & Maintainer
- Epychan - Testing games and reporting fixes
- Brandon Ayers - Testing games
- MagZu - Hosting the mirror (homura.magzu.net)
- Review by RoboNuggie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lLs3JxezBM
- Review by Linux Lounge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLNuRwLm2FI
- BSD-PL November 2019: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X68aGybmHwI&t=2029s